Adafruit Universal Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31856 Breakout
This Universal Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31856 Breakout can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller, even one without an analog input. This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard). We even added inline resistors and a filter capacitor on-board for better stability, as recommended by Maxim.
- Works with any K, J, N, R, S, T, E, or B type thermocouple
- -210°C to +1800°C output in 0.0078125° resolution – note that many thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy or worse depending on the temperature and type, so the resolution will be a lot better than the accuracy!
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant!
- SPI data requires any 4 digital I/O pins
- EagleCAD PCB files, datasheets, Fritzing object and more in the tutorial!
- Product Dimensions: 25.0mm x 22.0mm x 3.0mm / 1.0″ x 0.9″ x 0.1″
- Product Weight: 3.5g / 0.1oz