Arduino boards are great for hardware-based projects, and the Raspberry Pi is more of a software-focus, as it is a single-board computer. And when you combine the two, an incredible range of projects can be created.
The Arduino Expansion Shield for Raspberry is a full Arduino Leonardo R3-compatible device, which can accept most shields you can find. There is also a real-time clock IC with backup battery, an XBee format socket to add wireless capabilities. You can even upload sketches from the Arduino IDE running on the Pi via the included USB cable.
Furthermore the Raspberry Pi GPIO, I2C and UART is brought out onto the shield, and you can switch the serial connection on the board between the XBee socket and Raspberry Pi serial. You can learn more about this great board from the links below.
- Onboard Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Arduino Leonardo Chip
- Arduino Compatible pin mapping
- Compatible with All arduino standard shield and sensors
- System Voltage: 5v
- Arduino Digital I/O: 20
- Arduino Analog I/O: 6
- Raspberry Pi B+ GPIO: 16
- Raspberry Pi B+ I2C: 1
- Raspberry Pi B+ ID_I2C: 1
- Raspberry Pi B+ SPI: 1
- Raspberry Pi B+ TTL UART: 1
- Dimension: 88mm x 56mm x 26mm
- Relay Module V3.1 for IOT AC control
- Analog pH Meter Kit for monitoring Water quality of your pool
- SHT1x Humidity and Temperature Sensor
- Motion Sensor for security and human detection
- A nice and low cost LCD12864 display
- 2A Motor Shield for robot building
- Dual Bipolar Stepper Motor Shield
- GSM/GPRS and GPS Shield