GPS is build with u-blox M8 NEO-M8N module with an integrated built in active antenna.
The NEO-M8 series provides high sensitivity and minimal acquisition times while maintaining low power usage.
The NEO-M8N integrates a 72-channel u-blox M8 GNSS engine that supports multiple GNSS systems ( Beidou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS / QZSS ) and able to receive 3 GNSS systems simultaneously.
The series communicate protocol between M5Core and GPS is UART, physically connected via UART2 (GPIO16, GPIO17)
If you want to change the UART baud-rate, please check here ( u-center-just-for-Windows )
Notice: GPS signal can only be found outdoors
UART protocol: baud rate (default is 9600bps), data bit (8 bits), start bit (1 bit), stop bit (1 bit), Parity (none)
M5Stack Fire has occupied GPIO16 / 17 to connect with the PSRAM by default, it’s conflict with TXD / RXD (GPIO16, GPIO17) of GPS module. Therefore, when using the GPS module with the M5Stack Fire, you might have to cut the TXD and RXD from GPS module and wire fly to another set of UART pin
- Operating voltage: 2.7 ~ 3.6
- Operating temperature: -40 ~ 80 °C
- Antenna type: built-in ceramic antenna and external antenna
- external Antenna port: SMA
- Can receive data from 3 GNSS systems concurrently
- Horizontal position accuracy: minimum 2.5m
- GPS module (NEO-M8N) Built-in Flash, so that you can upgrade firmware via u-center-just-for-Windows
- Supported protocols: NMEA, UBX, RTCM
- Industry leading -167dBm sensitivity
- Backward compatibility with NEO‐7 and NEO‐6 series
- 1x GPS Module
- 1x external Antenna(cable length : 1 meter)
- GPS-based logistics tracking management
- Driverless car positioning