IIC Serial I2C 1602 2004 LCD Adapter Board for Arduino®
This IIC Serial I2C LCD Adapter Board, can be connected to a standard HD44780 compatible 16×2 or 20×4 Character Display Module that supports 4 bit mode. All Character Modules sold on our site support 4 bit mode, and nearly all commercially available 16×2 and 20×4 line character modules support it too.
This board has a PCF8574 I2C chip that converts I2C serial data to parallel data for the LCD display. There are many examples on internet for using this board with Arduino. Do a search for “Arduino LCD PCF8574”. The I2C address is 0x3F by default, but this can be changed via 3 solder jumpers provided on the board. This allows up to 3 LCD displays to be controlled via a single I2C bus (giving each one it’s own address).
Features IIC/I2C :
- Arduino 1602 I2C interface 4-wire 1602 screen.
- IO port of Arduino control board is only 20, so IO ports is not enough for many sensor, SD card, relay modules.
- The original 1602 screen need 7 IO ports to drive up, and this module can save 5 IO ports
- This is another great IIC/I2C/TWI/SPI Serial Interface. With this I2C interface module, you will be able to transfer data via only 2 wires. If you already have I2C devices in your project, this LCD module actually cost no more resources.
- I2C Address: 0X20~0X27 (the original address is 0X20,you can change it yourself)
- Supply voltage: 5V
- The backlight and contrast is adjusted by potentiometer
- Come with 2 IIC interface, which can be connected by Dupont Line or IIC dedicated cable
- Compatible with 1602 LCD