IR Proximity Sensor
This IR Proximity Sensor is a multipurpose infrared sensor which can be used for obstacle sensing, color detection, fire detection, line sensing, etc and also as an encoder sensor. The sensor provides a digital output.
The sensor outputs a logic one(+5V) at the digital output when an object is placed in front of the sensor and a logic zero(0V), when there is no object in front of the sensor. An onboard LED is used to indicate the presence of an object. This digital output can be directly connected to an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, AVR, PIC, 8051 or any other microcontroller to read the sensor output.
IR sensors are highly susceptible to ambient light and the IR sensor on this sensor is suitably covered to reduce effect of ambient light on the sensor. The sensor has a maximum range of around 40-50 cm indoors and around 15-20 cm outdoors.
- Can be used for obstacle sensing, color detection(between basic contrasting colors)
- Comes with an easy to use digital output
- Can be used for wireless communication and sensing IR remote signals
- Sensor comes with ambient light protection
- The sensor a hole of 3mm diameter for easy mounting
- Operational Voltage: 5V
- Ambient Light & RGB Color Sensing
- Proximity Sensing
- Gesture Detection
- Operating Range: 4-8in (10-20cm)
- I2C Interface (I2C Address: 0x39)