Kester 979 Soldering Flux, VOC-Free No-Clean, 1 gallon
Out of stock
SKU: MLE02582 Category: Uncategorized
– is a VOC-free, no-clean flux formulation for high quality, low-defect soldering of electronic circuit board assemblies.
– offers the best wetting available in VOC-free liquid flux technology and the shiniest solder joints.
– reduces micro solderballing on glossy laminates and between connector pins.
– will not attack properly cured solder masks or FR-4 Epoxy-Glass laminate.
– leaves a minimal amount of residue after soldering. All remaining residues are non-corrosive, non-conductive and do not need to be removed.
– Flux Type: VOC-Free, No-Clean
– For Use with Lead-Free Solder
– Specific Gravity: 1.016 ±0.010
– Residue Removal Method (not normally required): Wash with hot de-ionized water at 140-160°F with 2% solution of Kester 5768 Bio-Kleen® saponifier
■ Biodegradable at pH of 2.0 or greater
■ Chemically compatible with most solder masks and board laminates
■ Does not degrade Surface Insulation Resistance
■ No offensive odors
■ Bright, shiny solder connections
– Copper Mirror Corrosion: Low
– Corrosion Test: Low
– Silver Chromate: Pass
– Chloride and Bromides: None Detected
– Fluorides by Spot Test: Pass
– Surface Insulation Resistivity (SIR): Pass
Note: Not recommended for use in a soldering process that does not have a preheat cycle associated with it. For
example, this will not work well with a soldering iron