LD002R LCD Resin 3D Printer
- BUILD AND MOTION: Great emphasis is being placed on the LD-002R’s robust build quality and the components of its motion system, which is underpinned by a ball screw and single linear rail for the Z-axis.
- ANTI-ALIASING： MSLA 3D printers use an LCD screen to mask an image of a layer over a UV light source. Comprised of hundreds of thousands of pixels, each a little rectangle itself, this tech leaves a telltale sign of the edges of these pixels on the print surface. Often barely visible, this effect can be lessened through the use of a digital processing called anti-aliasing, which interpolates between these edges, smoothing the effect out.
- QUICK LEVELING： Quick leveling in the sense that the machine will lower the print plate to the vat for you, yes the LD-002R is quick leveling. Four hex screws feature on the print plate — loosen them before dropping the plate, and it will align to the level of the screen. Tighten and you’re good to go. Standard MSLA fare.
- PERFORATED PRINT PLATE： Something of an oddity on a small desktop MSLA machine, the Creality LD-002R 3d printer has a perforated print plate. Typically seen on larger bottom-up machines where larger prints present additional pull that might dislodge an improperly adhered print, it’s unusual, and perhaps even distracting overkill, to see it on a smaller machine. It’s not a bad thing, but it makes you wonder why they did it.
- AIR FILTER： A small box at the rear of the print chamber contains a pouch of activated carbon. This should help to remove part of the stench of exposed resin from the air.