QTR-MD-05RC Reflectance Sensor Array: 5-Channel, 8mm Pitch, RC Output
This array of IR LED/phototransistor pairs is great for precisely identifying changes in reflectance (like line detection). It operates from 2.9 V to 5.5 V and offers dimmable brightness control independent of the supply voltage. In general, the closer the object, the higher the contrast between light and dark readings, but high-reflectance objects are generally detectable out to around 40 mm. This version features the traditional-style QTR sensors without lenses.
|pitch × sensors||size
|8 mm × 5||37.0 × 20.0||RC (digital)||30 mA||93 mA||5 mm|
- Dimensions: 37.0 × 20.0 × 2.5 mm (see the dimension diagram (1MB pdf) for more details)
- Operating voltage: 2.9 V to 5.5 V
- Sensor type: QTR
- Sensor count: 5
- Sensor pitch: 8 mm
- Full-brightness LED current: 30 mA (independent of supply voltage)
- Max board current: 93 mA
- Output format: digital I/O-compatible signals that can be read in parallel as timed high pulses
- Optimal sensing distance: 5 mm
- Maximum recommended sensing distance: 40 mm
- Weight: 1.9 g
- Pololu QTR Reflectance Sensor Application Note (Printable PDF)
- Information about using the Pololu QTR reflectance sensors, including differences between A-type and RC-type sensors and sample oscilloscope screen captures of sensor outputs.
- Schematic diagrams of the QTR/QTRX-HD Reflectance Sensor Arrays (206k pdf)
- Dimension diagrams of the QTR/QTRX Reflectance Sensor Arrays (1MB pdf)
- 3D models (STEP) of the QTR/QTRX Reflectance Sensor Arrays (50MB zip)
- This file contains 3D models (in the step file format) of the QTR and QTRX Reflectance Sensor Arrays.
- Drill guides (DXF) for the QTR/QTRX Reflectance Sensor Arrays (86k zip)
- These DXF drawings show the locations of all of the holes on the QTR and QTRX Reflectance Sensor Arrays.
- Arduino library for the Pololu QTR Reflectance Sensors
- This library for Arduino makes it easy to interface with Pololu QTR Reflectance Sensors.