Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is an upgrade for the Raspberry Pi 2, it keeps the same form factor but with the addition of a more power processor Broadcom BCM2837 64-bit ARMv8, and a built-in WiFi chip BCM43143, the Raspberry Pi 3 also features a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), making it suitable for IOT development. Lastly, there’s an upgraded switched power source that goes up to 2.5 Amps instead of just 2 Amps – allowing your Pi to power even more powerful devices over USB ports.
Accessories and Peripherals:
- We suggest using an adequate power supply, if you are to utilize the Raspberry Pi 3 to its full extent.
- If you are looking for an enclosure for your Raspberry Pi, we got a black enclosure, and a white enclosure.
- We also have a Plug and Play LCD Touchscreen Display for your Raspberry Pi 3
Compared to the Raspberry Pi 2 it has:
- A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARMv8 CPU
- 802.11n Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Like the Pi 2, it also has:
- 1GB RAM
- 4 USB ports
- 40 GPIO pins
- Full HDMI port
- Ethernet port
- Combined 3.5mm audio jack and composite video
- Camera interface (CSI)
- Display interface (DSI)
- Micro SD card slot (now push-pull rather than push-push)
- VideoCore IV 3D graphics core