Romeo V2 Leonardo Microcontroller based on Arduino®
Romeo V2 Leonardo Microcontroller based on Arduino® is an Arduino compatible microcontroller specially designed for robotics applications. Romeo V2 Leonardo Microcontroller takes the form of the standard Arduino board, thus, enabling the use of existing shields without heavy modification. What makes the Romeo V2 Arduino Leonardo Microcontroller special, is its built in 2 way DC motor driver, and Xbee socket, which eliminates the use of a separate motor shield and wireless shield.
The Romeo V2 Leonardo Microcontroller based on Arduino® is based on the ATmega32u4 chip, which is the same as the Arduino Leonardo. it can be programmed directly from the Arduino IDE 1.0.1 or later version.
- Romeo V2 also improves the power supply, it has now a switch to select power source either from USB or external power.
- Romeo V2.2 redesigns the power supply system to improve the stability of the ADC circuit.
- Wide operating input voltage
- Directly support Xbee and XBee form factor wifi, bluetooth and RF modules
- ON/ OFF switch to control the system power from external motor power
- 3 Digital I/O extensions (D14-D16)
- S1 – S5 switch replace jump cap, allows free use for the GPIO.
- Micro USB instead of A-B USB connector
- Analog sensor extension port: Orange for Signal, Red for Vcc, Black for GND
Note:The analog sensor port pin mapping on RoMeo v2 is different from the old version. Please select Arduino Leonardo board when using Arduino IDE.
- DC Supply: USB Powered or External 6V ~ 23V DC
- DC Output: 5V(2A) / 3.3V DC
- Motor driver Continuous Output Current: 2A
- Microcontroller: ATmega32u4
- Bootloader: Arduino Leonardo
- Compatible with the Arduino R3 pin mapping
- Analog Inputs: A0-A5, A6 – A11 (on digital pins 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, and 12)
- PWM: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, and 13. Provide 8-bit PWM output
- 5 key inputs for testing
- Auto sensing/switching external power input
- Serial Interface
- TTL Level
- Support Male and Female Pin Header
- Built-in Xbee socket
- Integrated sockets for APC220 RF Module and DF-Bluetooth Module
- Three I2C/TWI Interface Pin Sets (two 90°pin headers)
- Two way Motor Driver with 2A maximum current
- One Stepper Motor Drive with 2A maximum current
- Size: 89 x 84 x 14mm
- Wiki Doc
- Romeo V2 schematic
- Tips for changing the sensor cable pin mapping
- Drive Stepper motor with Romeo v2
- Romeo stepper motor library
- Romeo V2-All in one Controller x1