This small stereo amplifier is able to deliver 2 x 2.8W channels into 4 ohm impedance speakers (@ 10% THD).
Inside the miniature chip is a class D controller, able to run from 2.7V-5.5VDC. A class D amp, is very efficient (89% efficient when driving an 8Ω speaker at 1.5 Watt). It has built in thermal and over-current protection.
Note: Use any 4 ohm or 8 ohm impedance speakers.
- Output Power: 2.8W at 4Ω, 10% THD, 1.7W at 8Ω, 10% THD, with 5V Supply
- PSRR: 70 dB typ @ 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- Designed for use without an output filter, when wires are kept at under 2″-4″ long
- Four pin-selectable gains: 6dB, 12dB, 18dB and 24dB. Select with the onboard switches or by setting the G0 and G1 breakout pins (see schematic for breakout board showing gain pin settings for details)
- Excellent click-and-pop suppression
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Independent channel shutdown
- Low current draw: 5mA quiescent and 2uA in shutdown mode