This small stereo amplifier is able to deliver 2 x 3.7W channels into 3 ohm impedance speakers.
Inside the miniature chip is a class D controller, able to run from 2.7V-5.5VDC. It is incredibly efficient (over 90% efficient when driving an 8Ω speaker at over a Watt) and has built in thermal and over-current protection.
- Output Power: 3.7W at 3Ω, 10% THD, 1.7W at 8Ω, 10% THD, with 5V Supply
- Passes EMI limit unfiltered with up to 12 inches (30 cm) of speaker cable
- High 83dB PSRR at 217Hz
- Spread-Spectrum Modulation and Active Emissions Limiting
- Five pin-selectable gains: 6dB, 9dB, 12dB, 15dB and 18dB. Select with a jumper or by setting the G and G’ breakout pins (see schematic for breakout board showing gain pin settings for details)
- Excellent click-and-pop suppression
- Thermal and short-circuit/over-current protection
- Low current draw: 2mA quiescent and 10uA in shutdown mode
Dimensions (without 0.1″ header):
Tutorial: Stereo 3.7W Class D Audio Amplifier