Fingerprint Scanner GT-521F52
This Fingerprint Scanner GT-521F52 communicates over TTL Serial so you can easily embed it into your next project. The module itself does all of the heavy lifting behind reading and identifying the fingerprints with an onboard optical sensor and 32-bit ARM Cortex M3 processor.
To get started, just register each fingerprint that you want to store by sending the corresponding command and pressing your finger against the reader three times. The fingerprint scanner can store different fingerprints, and the database of prints can even be downloaded from the unit and distributed to other modules. In addition to the fingerprint “template,” the analyzed version of the print, you can retrieve the image of a fingerprint and even pull raw images from the optical sensor!
This module is the upgraded version of the GT-521F32 and can store up to an astounding 3,000 different fingerprints! It is capable of 360° fingerprint recognition and download/upload templates using serial interface. Additionally, the GT-521Fxx series features a resolution of 450dpi, with a false acceptance rate of <0.001% and a false rejection rate of <0.1% while only needing <1.5 seconds to identify a unique fingerprint!
The module is small and easy to mount using four mounting holes surrounding the sensor. The onboard JST-SH connector has four signals: Vcc, GND, Tx and Rx. A compatible JST-SH pigtail can be found in the Hookup Accessories section below.
- Simple UART & USB communication protocol
- Complies with USB 2.0 full-speed specification
- Ultra-thin optical sensor
- Resolution 450 dpi
- Capable of 360° recognition
- Storage for 3,000 unique fingerprints
- Wake up on Finger Function
- Works well with dry, moist or rough fingerprints
- Anti-scratch with surface high hardness ≧ 5H
- 1:1 verification, 1:N identification
- High-accuracy and high-speed fingerprint identification technology
- 4x mounting holes
- 2x JST SH connectors