Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31855
Thermocouples are very sensitive, requiring a good amplifier with a cold-compensation reference. The Thermocouple Amplifier MAX31855 does everything for you, and can be easily interfaced with any microcontroller, even one without an analog input. This breakout board has the chip itself, a 3.3V regulator with 10uF bypass capacitors and level shifting circuitry, all assembled and tested. Comes with a 2 pin terminal block (for connecting to the thermocouple) and pin header (to plug into any breadboard or perfboard).
- Works with any K type thermocouple
- Will not work with any other kind of thermocouple other than K type
- -200°C to 1350°C output in 0.25 degree increments - note that K thermocouples have about ±2°C to ±6°C accuracy
- Internal temperature reading
- 3.3 to 5v power supply and logic level compliant!
- SPI data output requires any 3 digital I/O pins.
Dimensions (without headers):
- Length: 20mm/0.8in
- Width: 20mm/0.8in
- Height: 3.28mm/0.12in
- Weight: 1.33g/0.05oz
Tutorial: Adafruit Thermocouple Amplifier