TJA1050 CAN Transceiver Module
This TJA1050 CAN Transceiver Module is used as the interface between the Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol controller and the physical bus. The device provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receive capability to the CAN controller. The TJA1050 is the third generation Philips high-speed CAN Transceiver after the PCA82C250 and the PCA82C251.
The most important differences are:
• Much lower electromagnetic emission due to optimal matching of the output signals CANH and CANL.
• Improved behavior in case of an unpowered node
• No standby mode.
This makes the TJA1050 eminently suitable for use in nodes that are in a power-down situation in partially powered networks.
- Fully compatible with the“ISO 11898”standard
- High speed (up to 1 Mbaud)
- Very low ElectroMagnetic Emission (EME)
- Differential receiver with wide common-mode range for high ElectroMagnetic Immunity (EMI)
- An unpowered node does not disturb the bus lines
- Transmit Data (TXD) dominant time-out function
- Silent mode in which the transmitter is disabled
- Bus pins protected against transients in an automotive environment
- Input levels compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V devices
- Thermally protected
- Short-circuit proof to battery and to ground
- At least 110 nodes can be connected
- Operating Voltage: 4.75V to 5.25V
- Module Size: 22.0 (L) * 11.5 (W) * 3.3 (H) ( mm )
- Module Weight: 0.8 – 1.0 grams
- Max No. of Nodes: up to 110 number of nodes