CNC Shield V3 for Arduino®
The CNC Shield V3 for Arduino®, is an Arduino compatible board that turns your Arduino into a CNC controller. Using an opensource firmware it can control up to 4 Stepper motor using DRV8825 or A4988 stepper motor driver making it easy to get your CNC projects up and running in a few hours.
- GRBL 0.8c compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals https://github.com/grbl/grbl)
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Spindle enable and direction
- Coolant enable
- Uses removable Pololu A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design.
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors.
- Runs on 12-36V DC. (At the moment only the Pololu DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)